Current Openings: 1
SCALE HOUSE OPERATOR
Pawnee Waste LLC is pleased to announce a new opportunity to join our team. We are seeking a Scale House Operator who will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and recording of approved E&P waste entering our landfill in Grover, Colorado.
The Scale House Operator will serve as the first point of contact for customers and haulers depositing E&P waste; first point of contact for visitors; initial inspection of loads, and ensure the safety of the haulers, visitors, and other employees through observation of safety rules and regulations. The Scale House Operator will also be responsible for collecting, reviewing, and filing the appropriate paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets customers, directs haulers and other traffic, and answers questions accurately.
- Ensures that incoming material is manifested, safe, and does not contain prohibited material.
- Obtains information regarding material entering landfill to properly bill the customer and track the total amount and type of waste entering the landfill.
- Provides a scale ticket to the customer, signs the waste manifest, and documents the waste entering the landfill.
- Completes all administrative tasks including regular filing, and completes required reports.
- Identifies and reports problems; gathers needed information to develop solutions.
- Reports customer and/or supplier problems to management and responds promptly to customer needs.
- Ensures that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Communicates with General Manager, and other operators via a 2-way radio for proper dispatch
- Provides general housekeeping of the Scale House.
- Keeps immediate supervisor (General Manager) fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Attends all training and meetings as directed.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Works weekends and holidays as needed
- Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service oriented manner.
REQUIRED OPERATOR TRAINING:
The Scale House Operator will undergo appropriate training that covers hazardous waste and PCB screening. The Scale House Operator will be required to complete a commercially-offered waste screening course (such as attending the SWANA “Waste Screening at MSW Management Facilities” training or comparable) and/or undergo internal training by qualified Pawnee representative(s). Depending on the individual employee’s prior background and experience, additional training in landfill operation fundamentals may be provided.
The Scale House Operator will also receive recurring/recertification training and continuing education as necessary, undergo additional training as determined appropriate by Pawnee, and attend relevant training courses sponsored by CDPHE (e.g., regarding changes to state solid waste rules or guidelines). Landfill personnel shall be trained annually to identify prohibited waste and the response and notification procedures if suspected prohibited waste is discovered.
SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Analytical thinker who can multi-task and is extremely organized.
- Clear communicator and team player.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment including but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier, Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in an office environment as well as outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to sit at desk and use computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stretch, reach and kneel throughout the work day.
- The noise environment may occasionally be moderate to loud.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) occasionally.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.